Community Driven. Community Focused.
Serving businesses, residents, social service agencies, and public facilities in downtown Indianapolis, Riley Area Development Corporation functions with the purpose of facilitating business growth, social and human services development and affordable housing working in partnerships across several neighborhoods.
- Business Development - Makerspace
- Community Development
- Commercial and Industrial Development
- Residential Development
The mission of Riley Area Development Corporation is to develop and support a sustainable community environment in and around downtown Indianapolis through affordable housing, economic development, healthy public space and community development.
- Who we work with
- Affordable Housing
- Small Business Development
- Public Art & Creative Placemaking
Riley Area Development Corporation has developed and operates over 350 units of affordable housing in and around Downtown Indianapolis with private and non-profit development partners. In addition to multi-unit apartment buildings, Riley also provides affordable home ownership opportunities through new and rehabilitated homes in the Willard Park neighborhood. New to the affordable housing model is “shared equity” artist housing which is being piloted in 2017 in the Garfield Park neighborhood with Big Car.
Riley Area Development puts a strong focus on small business development through multiple avenues. Each individual project and partnership is geared towards providing support, education and funding for small business owners and micro enterprise companies.
Riley Area Development recognizes the importance of public art and creative placemaking to ensure progress and development of surrounding Indianapolis neighborhoods. Solidified partnerships have been made to assist areas in need of cultural impact and arts programming. These efforts include pop up gallery spaces, public art instillations, mural presence, a test food kitchen, artist residency housing in Garfield Park, and efforts along the Mass Ave Cultural District.
Our Staff and Board
The Riley Area Development Corporation staff and board are community leaders in Indianapolis with a diverse set of backgrounds and skill sets who contribute to a rich culture of community development within the organization and beyond it.
- Mark CarterNorth Mass Industrial DeveloperPhone 313-421-3880Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eric StricklandExecutive DirectorEmail email@example.com
- Bill CroftsDirector of ConstructionEmail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Consuelo PolandRuckus Community Builder and ArtistEmail email@example.com
- Jill EderChief Financial OfficerEmail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matt Nolley, President
- Cassie Stockamp, Vice President
- Kenny Dennison, Treasurer
- Gary Reiter, Secretary
- Sarah Hempstead, Past President
- Elizabeth Garber
- Joe Mayes
- Will Pritchard
- Leo Stenz
- Christian Mosburg
- Danni Harrison
- Jen Eamon
- Judith Essex
- Eve Wilkerson
- Fred Hash